Sunday, December 8, 2013

R.K. Ryals unedited excerpt of Fist of the Furor; Book 3 of the Scribes of Medeisia Series!

My first two reviews are up! Why did I post my reviews on R.K. Ryals first?
Because the third book Fist of the Furor is coming soon Dec 2013/January 2014!
 
Here is an Unedited Excerpt for her new book Fist of the Furor!!
 
Unedited Excerpt:

My slippers were silent on the marble as I descended the flight of steps, the sound of raised voices circling me. Madden followed, his face set in disapproving lines. Maeve met us at the bottom of the stairs, Daegan at her back.

“Complicated stuff, court matters,” the bowman muttered. “I think I much prefer fighting to ...words.”

“There is less chance of misunderstanding in swords and bows,” Lochlen agreed, his reptilian eyes flashing as he slunk from the hall’s shadows.

Madden tensed. There was something disconcerting about the way Lochlen moved, his steps fluid and lithe. Each of us wore a robe over our clothes. Maeve and Daegan chose to wear the color of the mage, the blue cloak falling over leather trousers and skirts. I donned the color of the scribe, the simple brown cape resting over a thin green dress with no petticoats. I couldn’t afford the weight, the risk too much fabric would pose in an unexpected fight. It was enough I wore the skirt.

Pulling my hood up, I glanced at Lochlen, at his equally brown cloak. The only difference in our garments was the thread. Lochlen’s mantle was lined in gold. It suited him.

“You fear power if you fear words,” I remarked.

Daegan threw me a look, his fingers pulling his blue hood down over his face. Maeve mimicked him. I lifted the corner of my robe, allowing Oran to duck within its shadows before shuffling down the Hall of Light, keeping to the walls. Guards lined the polished marble entrance, their faces stern and unmoving. Only their gazes betrayed them, their eyes tracing our group as we moved past, our feet silent. Any noise we made was overridden by angry exclamations.

“You dare question me?” King Freemont roared.

Before him in the immense hall knelt a scarlet clad woman ...

**************************************

Book 1, Mark of the Mage, is currently free on Amazon!




No comments:

Post a Comment