Saturday, April 19, 2014

ELLORA'S CAVE REVIEWS!

 
MY REVIEWS:
 
I have over the last month reviewed a handful of reads from Ellora's Cave and I wanted to share them with you Flirts!
 
 
*Complimentary copies provided by author/publisher for an honest review*
====================================
 

Title: Double-Team Her: 2 (eXcitation)
Author: Titania Ladley
Release Date: March 12th 2014
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21556469-double-team-her
 
4 *WINK* READ
 
WOW! So I knew what I was getting into when I requested an erotic read. I have never read anything from this author so of course I was nervous and excited, but it was WELL WORTH IT!

The thought of a F/F/M sexual encounter was driving Franks new girlfriend Gio (Giovanna) crazy with desire! She had never been with a woman but always wanted to. Frank being very eager to fulfill her fantasy knew just the place to take her; Puss N' Tush. A club where almost anything goes and Frank knew quite well. What he didn't know was that his ex wife Jaz (Jasmine) had recently returned to her old job there as the top stripper in Miami.

There is a hint to Franks and Jaz's attraction to each other, and there was obviously some unfinished business, but Gio's lust and desires didn't care. She needed Jaz and she needed them both to do everything and anything she wanted. She was not prepared for what a woman's touch would do to her and how much she wanted more than just a taste.

You will find multiple steamy scenes in this read, don't let the number of pages fool you! I also suggest reading it when your husband isn't there starring at you and gaging your reaction with a smirk on his face *wink*
~Jessi
 
Buy Links:
Amazon
US ~*~ UK
================================================
 
Title: Magnolias at Midnight
Author: Kate Maxwell
Release Date: March 14th 2014
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21461963-magnolias-at-midnight?from_search=true
 
 
5 *WINK* READ

From the opening prologue I was hooked and what a way to start a book, had my attentions right away. I could not put the book down!

Really the character that is taking up most of my thoughts is the handsome Christopher Trader. Although not the main POV you can not help but try to connect to his thoughts throughout the book. He is charming, caring, and carries a whole lot of drama in his back pocket.

I love how the book slowly unfolds the mystery of the Trader family and the secrets that are surfacing through out the book keeps your hooked and turning the page. I swear I said I was going to stop reading it at least five times, but couldn't stop. I would think I got to that perfect place to set it down and then,boom, shock moment. So of course I had to keep reading.

Ellie is sweet and a little naïve but I am glad to see her character build a bit of a backbone as the book goes on. I connected with her because I remember those days where I would be a little shy of myself and needing his words to feed me confidence to just go for it. I think this is why I loved this book so much. The encouragement of Christopher and the guidance Ellie needed was a perfect combination both in and out of the bedroom.

I am so glad I was introduced to this author and I can' wait to read more from her in the future!
~Jessi
 
Buy Links:
Amazon
US ~*~ UK
===========================================
 
 
Title: Taming Tabitha
Author: Virginia Nelson
Release Date: March 14th 2014
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21399706-taming-tabitha?from_search=true
 
5 *WINK* READ

I don't generally go for the short stories but I have to say I genuinely liked this book! I thought it was the perfect combination of character background story, build up, and everything tied up nicely. I also enjoyed the quick change in POV to also get some more of the Gage's reaction.

Lets not forget the steamy, hot, sexy scene that makes this book even better *wink*
~Jessi
 
Buy Links:
Amazon
US ~*~ UK
 =============================================
 
 
Title: Sunlight
Author: Amanda Ashley
Release Date: March 20th 2014
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/496145.Sunlight_Moonlight?from_search=true
 
3.5 *WINK* READ

I so wanted to like this book more. Maybe I went into it with more expectation and that is why I was a bit disappointed. Although the story line was a good one and the characters loveable there were some inconsistency with character description and behaviors that took me out of the story. There were also many errors that left me confused between character thought and character conversation. Although a short read it took me longer as I had to reread quite a bit.

I also felt that there were times when a scene would have been better if a little written more in detail and no I am not talking sex scenes. This is a blush read so you aren't going to get the breakdown in the bedroom, but I was fine with that. There were parts where there could have been more action and more in depth info provided to build the characters more.

I did however feel the connection between Micah and Lainey. Their bumps on the road to romance/love were heartbreaking and there a few times I gripped my ereader a bit too hard with angst of what to come. Again, the concept and storyline were interesting and I found it intriguing but it was just missing that extra spark that would of taken it to the next level for me.

But, please, don't let this stop you from reading as we all have different tastes in books and what may be okay for me may be fantastic to you!
~ Jessi
 
Buy Links:
AMAZON
US ~*~ UK
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment