I believed in sex, once upon a time. And passion. But now my life as a single, divorced career girl living alone in New York City was all about work. I hadn't had a date in years.
But then he came along . . . Alexandre Chevalier. The French CEO billionaire of HookedUp, the social media phenomenon that had taken the world by storm.
He awakened every fiber of my being, ignited every cell in my body.
I'd had it with all the crazy women in my life: the models, the movie stars, even my power-hungry sister and business partner. If you'd had a past like mine, you'd understand.
And then I met her . . . Pearl Robinson.
HOOKED UP is a series of three, full-length novels averaging 300+ print pages each, to be released at intervals of one month and three weeks.
Disclaimer: If your e-reader should melt while reading this series, the author cannot be held responsible.
Pearl fans take note: this is a new, reedited version of the Pearl books, told in dual POV throughout. The series is primarily for NEW readers, or those who would like to immerse themselves, once again, in Pearl and Alexandre's passionate love story, so please do not expect a new storyline.
I was trying so hard to limit the complications in my life—e.g. limit the amount of women. Hone it down to just one.
I didn’t consider myself a “multi-tasker” by nature—not even when it came to women.
Quality, not quantity, was what I was aiming for.
But it was proving to be a tough call.
I was beginning to realize that my mantra of treating women well was backfiring on me.
You see I have a code:
• No woman is a “slut.” Ever. I do not use that word in my vocabulary. If a woman is sleeping around or being promiscuous it’s because she is searching: for love, for a good time, for a good orgasm, for an escape. Or maybe even for money. For whatever reason it may be, no man (or woman) has a right to judge her.
• Always call a woman after a date. Even if you never want to see her again. Why? Because it’s polite. Tell her you had a nice time. Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself, especially women.
• Don’t bullshit a woman. Don’t say, “I’ll call you,” if you don’t mean it. If you just want sex, make that clear from the beginning. Don’t make promises you can’t keep.
• Always walk her home at night, drive her home or call a cab. Pay for the cab yourself. Make sure she has unlocked her door before you drive away.
• Don’t invite yourself into her house. Like a vampire, let yourself be invited.
• Don’t fuck another man’s girl, no matter how tempting.
• The most important rule of all: When you fuck her, let her come first.
ARIANNE RICHMONDE is the USA TODAY bestselling author of the suspense novel STOLEN GRACE, and The Pearl Series books.
She lives in the French countryside amidst vineyards, with her wonderful French husband, two dogs, two cats, and other creatures that try to sneak their way into their old, stone farmhouse, which the couple restored themselves. On most days, you'll find Arianne cleaning sixteen paws worth of mud off the floors . . . that's when she's not immersed in creating lovable but dysfunctional characters for her novels (and a villain or two), while sipping Bordeaux paired with dark chocolate.
You can join her mailing list to win prizes and receive sneak peaks of her upcoming books: http://goo.gl/zo6ugG (copy and paste to your browser). Or join her on Facebook: facebook.com/AuthorArianneRichmonde or Twitter: @A_Richmonde - she loves to hear from readers.