Saturday, March 1, 2014

*SPOTLIGHT AUTHOR*-------------- Madeline Pryce

SPOTLIGHT AUTHOR
Madeline Pryce

 
DARK CRAVINGS
 
SYNOPSIS
Ella Grey's life sucks. A half-breed vampire, she does her best to pass the time killing demons and secretly admiring her Shadow Hunter partner, Micah. He's hot, dangerous and knows it. He'd be just Ella's type if he weren't likely to kill her the moment she put a toe out of line. 

A chance encounter with a succubus changes everything. From the second the succubus' spell washes over them, Ella and Micah are helpless to keep their hands off one another. The sex, when it's not leaving them on the verge of death, is earth shattering and for the first time in ages Ella is connected with someone on a level she'd feared lost forever. But a dangerous prophecy has been set into motion, and if Ella's not careful it'll pull her straight from Micah's arms and into the deepest bowels of the underworld.

A Romantica® Paranormal erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave

Publisher’s Note: This book was previously published under the title Blood Lust Rising. It has been revised and expanded for EC.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20340221-dark-cravings


EXCERPT:
“You’re so fucking hot.” Hands buried in my hair, he trailed his lips up my throat, nipped my chin, and found my mouth.

Our lips fused. Tongues tangled. Clumsy and eager, we pushed at each other’s clothing in a desperate rush to get undressed as quickly as possible. My jacket hit the ground. His followed. I peeled his shirt over his head and threw it.

Jesus he was perfect. I ran my hands over the hard curve of his shoulder, down to the tight muscles on his arms. His skin was smooth, warm and I wanted more. He cupped the back of my head and deepened our kiss. In every caress, I felt the urgency of his need. He rotated his hips and ground his thick shaft against my center. Yes. This was what I needed. What I’d craved since the moment we met.

“Tell me you want this,” Micah said.

I dug my fingers into his back and reveled in his hiss. Scratching up, I drew my nails along his neck and threaded my fingers through his hair. I tugged. His low moan was second only to the rich scent of his blood wafting into the air. I met his gaze and pulled him to me for a kiss.

He nipped my bottom lip but held our mouths a hair’s breadth away from touching. “Tell me, Ella.”


AMAZON
UK   CA   US   AU
----------------------------------- 
B&N   KOBO
 
Reading Order
Dark Cravings (#1 Ella/Micah)
Dark Innocence (#1.5 Hannah/Dante)
Dark Secrets (#2 Ella/Micah) - coming soon

5 *WINK* READ!!!

I was so excited to get a copy of Dark Cravings for an honest review! Like any time you are given a copy to review you are nervous that this book may not push the right buttons, well let me say this book had all my buttons pushed and then some!!!
 
 
Let's just say I freaking love a snarky heroine with attitude and add that to an equally hot headed alpha you know things are going to get interesting. Ella was a hunter at heart. She had lost her parents at a young age and also was betrayed by her first and only love, Julian. Her innocence and life as she knew it changed when she had met the charming vampire, but an accident led to the unthinkable and out of his own selfishness Julian changed Ella to save her. He knew she would never wished to live like this, a half breed. Not fitting in her own society, struggling to keep her Sire (Julian) blocked from her thoughts and always having to watch herself because she had someone watching her at all times, Micah.
 
Micah is all man! His hard demeanor a façade to his own demons inside, but he has a job to do and that was to watch Ella. When you are spending so much time with a fine specimen like Ella, it's only natural to be turned on. But Micah's attraction for her comes off as cocky and arrogant. Oh but when he smiles I can only imagine myself getting weak in the knees. He can spar me any day!!
 
A normal night of hunting goes wrong when a Succubus happens to find herself drawn to Ella and Micah she pulls on their hidden desire of lust for each other. Breaks the bonds and allowing Ella and Micah to give in to their needs for one another. And give in they did!!! Over and over.
 
During their intense sexual haze they had formed a bond, marking the other as their mate. They didn't know what they had done at first, but there was one person who was not happy to see Ella marked by another. Julian had sired her and she was to be his. He had risked all her knew and went against the Queen, his sire, by changing her.  He felt for her, something that wasn't thought possible and he knew it was only a matter of time when the perfect opportunity would present itself for him to kill Micah and take Ella back.
 
I freaking LOVED this book! The way Madeline wrote was amazing. She pulled you in during the fight scenes and definitely had your attention during the hot and steamy sex scenes!!! You could see, smell, and feel what the characters were experiencing. I also appreciated the horror aspect in this book, the angst. I get that romance books can be a little mushy but when your mate is willing to kill for you and they mean it, that is just a turn on in itself! There was no holding back and I appreciated that!
 

 
 
================================================
 


DARK INNOCENCE

SYNOPSIS
 
 
 
 
Hannah Grey will do anything to escape the tortured memories haunting her. Every breath brings back the pain, the fear and the unbearable knowledge that she'll never be the once-perfect girl everyone thought her to be. When the self-destructive fog of drugs, alcohol and meaningless sex starts to clear, Dante, a lion shifter sexier than sin itself, emerges through the darkness ready to rescue her for the second time in so many           weeks.

In the safety of Dante's embrace, Hannah allows herself to become the woman she's always wanted to be--smart, sexy, capable and empowered. His every touch electrifies. His hot, hungry kisses set her senses ablaze. As Dante masters her body, Hannah finally finds the strength to master her fears.

Perfection shatters as threats from a mysterious vampire escalate from anonymous phone calls to violent encounters. When Hannah's enemies unite, placing both her and Dante in mortal peril, she's going to need her newfound strength to face the coming darkness and save the man she loves.

A Romantica® paranormal erotic romance from Ellora's Cave

EXCERPT:
I crossed the distance between Julian and me and lifted onto my toes. I grabbed the back of his head with both hands—yes, his blond hair was as soft and silky as it looked—and planted a hard, quick kiss against his mouth.

His mouth was soft and yielding—his tongue smooth and wicked. I pulled back and grinned at his pleased, slow spreading smile. Cocky asshole. “That’s for saving my sister’s life.” I curled my hand into a fist. “This is for all the years you hurt her.” His smile dimmed and the blond slashes of his eyebrows dipped in confusion. I hauled back my arm, slung forward and punched him in the face.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20320126-dark-innocence
 
 
AMAZON
UK   CA   US   AU
------------------------------------
B&N   KOBO
 

Reading Order
Dark Cravings (#1 Ella/Micah)
Dark Innocence (#1.5 Hannah/Dante)
Dark Secrets (#2 Ella/Micah) - coming soon
5 *WINK* READ!!!
 
After Dark Cravings I just had to read the next book! Once I read a book in a series or even a stand alone that I LOVE I have to buy all the other books by an author lol. Then you will find me in a cave for the next week reading nothing but them. It's a great diet plan ;)
 
During Ella and Micah's struggle to stay together there was repercussions. People were killed and some were tortured beyond imagination. That person just happened to be Ella's sister Hannah. Hannah was a beautiful, slender, model like woman. Although younger she was taller than Ella and was sheltered from the violence growing up. The sight of blood and Hannah would hit the floor in two seconds. But what she had gone through had broken her spirit. Haunted by her tormentor she buried her anxiety and fear through drugs, alcohol and meaningless sex. There were plenty willing to help, but she never felt anything. She was numb.
 
Dante, a lion shifter, was a friend of Micah's and worked at a Demon club the Micah frequented. When Micah was forced to be by his brothers side he asked Dante to keep watch over Ella. Dante didn't know that night would lead him to a bruised, bloodied, and frightened Hannah. Since that night he swore to protect her and keep watch over her. Even if that meant keeping his attraction at bay while picking her up at parties that she was too messed up to drive home from.  
 
Hannah felt like a burden to everyone. Being around them was only a constant reminder of what happened to her and that she was weak. She put a wall up and with that she kept them in the dark about the mysterious phone calls that would happen every night from a restricted number ,and the creepy man on the other side that said she was his.
 
When heading home from what Hannah saw was another embarrassing moment she was faced with the fact that this restricted number, or Mr. Restricted was getting serious.  He knew what she had done, where she was and what she was wearing! Dante immediately knew she needed to be by his side. Time was up and he was going to lay everything out on the line to protect her.
 
Can I just say I want to snugglefuck with Dante?! Just one night, that's all I am asking. You can feel his presence come out of the book and wrap you into this ball of sexual energy!! Seriously! I had even told my husband I have found what I wanted him to be in the paranormal universe lol
 
Madeline again brings her "A" game to this and if I could go higher than 5 *wink* I would! Hannah and Dante's story is intense. You can't help but feel Hannah's hopelessness and lost from her tragic experience, but you can also feel her character grow throughout the book as she heals and finds herself again. The sexual tension is amazing and the scenes are drool worthy! Dante is sexy as hell and I am going to have to say he is sexier than Micah right now but I know there is another book coming out so we ill have to see what Micah brings to the table!!



About Madeline Pryce

Madeline Pryce wrote her first novel when she was ten, penned with neon-pink ink in a loose-leaf binder. Captivated by romantic literature, yet intrigued by the paranormal, she continues to develop her own voice, writing the kinds of stories that inspired her as a teen.
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Jessica!! You so kick ass! These reviews are amazing :-) thank you so much for the spot light and reviews, seriously :-) glad you enjoyed the books and yes, Micah has really gotta step up his game to compete with Dante <3

    ReplyDelete